Recipe of the Month
November – Japenese Cabbage Fritters (Vegetarian Okonomiyak)
Our Catering team would love you to have a go at making our yummy Recipe of the Month.
- 4 eggs
- 80 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp pureed ginger
- Black pepper
- 120 g finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp oil
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl, and add the plain flour, whisk together to form a batter
- Add the soy sauce, pureed ginger and black pepper to flavour
- Add the finely shredded cabbage, carrot and spring onions
- Mix all ingredients well
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan
- Spoon in 1/4 of the mixture and cook over a medium-low heat for a few minutes until golden brown
- Carefully flip with a spatula and cook for another couple minutes, until fully cooked
- Repeat to create 4 in total
- Serve the vegetarian okonomiyak with salad cream (or mayonnaise), sriracha, sliced spring onions, and sesame seeds
Did you know?
We are now selling honey produced locally in Buckinghamshire in our Shop!
Share with us!
Upload photos of your culinary creations to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – we’d love to see them! Use #oddsfarm or mention us @oddsfarmpark and let us know how you got on.