Recipe of the Month
October – Pumpkin Pancakes
Our Catering team would love you to have a go at making our yummy Recipe of the Month.
- 250g pumpkin or squash, peeled, de-seeded and chopped into large chunks
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- 25g butter, melted, plus a little for cooking
- 125ml buttermilk (or use the same quantity of milk, with a squeeze of lemon juice)
- 200g plain flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Drizzle of flavourless oil, such as sunflower or groundnut, for frying
- Put the pumpkin or squash in a large heatproof bowl, add 1 tbsp water, cover with cling film and microwave on High for 5-8 mins or until really soft
- Drain the pumpkin well and cool completely
- Once cool, put the pumpkin in a food processor with the remaining pancake ingredients and add a good pinch of salt
- Blend until everything is well combined to a smooth, thick batter
- Heat a knob of butter and a drizzle of oil in a large frying pan
- When the butter is foaming, swirl it around the pan, then pour appropriate sized amounts of batter into the pan
- Cook over a low-medium heat
- Don’t touch the pancakes until you see a few bubbles appear on the surface – have a look underneath and, if the pancakes are golden, flip them over and cook for another 2 mins on the other side
- Once cooked, pile the pancakes onto plates, top with ice cream, yogurt or your favourite topping. Enjoy!
Did you know?
We are now selling honey produced locally in Buckinghamshire in our Shop!
Share with us!
Upload photos of your culinary creations to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – we’d love to see them! Use #oddsfarm or mention us @oddsfarmpark and let us know how you got on.