Recipe of the Month
February – Oat Cookies
Our Catering team would love you to have a go at making our tasty Recipe of the Month.
|230g Unsalted butter|
|200g Light Brown Sugar|
|50g Caster Sugar|
|2 Large Eggs|
|1 tsp Vanilla Essence|
|190g Plain Flour|
|1 tsp Baking Soda|
|1.5 tsp Ground Cinnamon|
|Pinch of Salt|
|140g Raisins |
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and caster sugar for 1-2 minutes until well combined. Add the eggs and vanilla essence and mix until fully combined.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture and continue to mix together, then mix in the oats and raisins until fully combined, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Once fully mixed, line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, scoop the cookie dough, make the cookie dough into balls and drop onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Gently press down with your hand to slightly flatten each ball of cookie dough. Make sure to leave room between each cookie, as they will spread a little while they bake.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden brown and the top is set.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
Did You Know?
- Oats can reduce the risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and certain cancers. Biotin (Type of nutrient) in oats is good for healthy nails, skin, and hair.
- It takes more than 4 tons of grapes to produce 1 ton of raisins.
Share with us!
Upload photos of your culinary creations to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – we’d love to see them! Use #oddsfarmrecipe or mention us @oddsfarmpark and let us know how you got on.