This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors. Click Here to download a printable version of our Access Statement.
Access Statement for Odds Farm Park
Located just minutes from Junction 2 off the M40 near Beaconsfield, award-winning Odds Farm Park offers a high quality “hands on” fun and learning experience for all ages and abilities, including stacks of animal fun and indoor play. There are plenty of Hand Washing Facilities around the Farm. Click here to see a map of Odds Farm Park.
Odds Farm Park has indoor and outdoor areas and you should allow at least 3 hours for your visit. You can also enjoy Marmalades Tea Rooms, the Coffee Bar and Gift Shop, which offers a range of gifts and other items. These are all situated on the ground floor with step free access.
There is one wheelchair available for hire, free of charge and we seek to be accessible to all visitors. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are on hand should you require any assistance. We look forward to welcoming you.
If you have any queries, require any assistance or further access information, please phone 01628 520 188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For satellite navigation systems, please use the postcode HP10 0LX. For full details and maps of how to reach us, please see the Directions section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours which is HP10 0LX to get directions.
- The nearest mainline railway stations are Taplow (4.5 miles away; 90 minute walk), Beaconsfield (3.2 miles away; 60 minute walk) and Bourne End (2.5 miles away; 50 minute walk). There is a taxi rank at both Taplow and Beaconsfield stations. There is no taxi rank at Bourne End the station but a taxi can be booked. If you require an accessible taxi, this can also be booked from all stations.
- The nearest bus stop is outside The Red Lion Public House in Wooburn Green which is 1.3 miles away (a 30 minute walk). There is seating at the bus stop. The No.37 Arriva Shires & Essex Bus runs to/from Bourne End railway station to Wooburn Green every 30 minutes (Monday to Friday) and every 60 minutes (Sundays and Bank Holidays). Some buses can accommodate a wheelchair.
- The main road outside Odds Farm Park does not have a pathway.
- A clearly worded leaflet is available and distributed via various outlets including Tourist Information Centres, Hotels and other venues. The leaflet describes all attractions, contact and directional details and web address information.
- Our leaflet can be made available in large print if requested.
- Our staff members are available for any information before your arrival and can be contacted by telephone or email.
Car Parking and Arrival
- Car Parking is free at Odds Farm Park.
- There are over 250 parking spaces onsite at Odds Farm Park and plenty of spaces for coaches.
- There are 3 Blue Badge Holder spaces which are situated approximately 120 metres from the Main Entrance. This path is illuminated in the winter.
- The onsite Car Park is a mixture of tarmac and gravel and, at busier times, visitors may need to park on the overflow parking area which is grass. There is a tarmac path from the Car Park to the Main Entrance which is also well lit at night.
- Large directional signs are located within the Car Park.
Main Entrance, Reception and Ticketing Area
- Odds Farm Park is open from 10am to 5.30pm 363 days per year (closed only on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day).
- The Main Entrance is situated at ground level with step free access.
- There are barriers within the Main Entrance which are 900mm wide and 1800mm wide.
- The floor surface is concrete.
- The area is evenly and well lit with overhead lighting and natural daylight.
- The Welcome/Pay Booth are low with glass screens that can be partially opened to aid lip reading and visitors with visual impairment.
- A Wheelchair is available for hire free of charge by pre-booking prior to your visit.
- Entry fees are discounted for disabled visitors and carers.
Attraction (displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
- All internal areas are located on the ground floor (apart from the upstairs mezzanine in the Indoor Playbarn which is accessible by steps and may be inaccessible to wheelchair users).
- The floor throughout the inside areas of Odds Farm Park are on one level and are a mix of concrete and wood.
- The areas are well lit with overhead lighting and natural daylight.
- There are several Entrance and Exit doors throughout Odds Farm Park: The Entrance to the Indoor Playbarn is by Electronic Doors operated by a push button. The width of these doors is 1300mm. The entrance to the Undercover Animal Barns is 1300mm in width and the entrance and exit gate to access the animal pens is 1050mm in width. There is a ramp to exit the Undercover Animal Barns.
- In the Indoor Playbarn, some areas of the playframe may be inaccessible depending on disability – please call for further details prior to visiting.
- Hand Washing Facilities are located in the toilets as well as within the Undercover Animal Barns and throughout the outdoor areas of Odds Farm Park.
- There is seating for over 300 people in the Indoor Playbarn and Maramaldes Tea Rooms and numerous picnic benches and further seating across all areas of the Farm.
- There are 4 toilet blocks located around the farm within the Indoor Playbarn, within the Party Rooms, outside the Undercover Animal Barns and at Dipple Kiosk.
- A unisex accessible toilet is located within the Indoor Playbarn, the doors to which is light to open and close and is 850mm wide.
- The height of the accessible toilet is 420mm and there is a clear space of 800mm to the left of the toilet.
- The entry to the toilet is on level ground and the toilet is well lit with natural and fluorescent light. The surface of the toilet floor is non-slip laminate.
- There are vertical and horizontal rails to each side of the accessible toilet.
- There are lever taps on the sinks.
- Marmalades Tea Rooms and the Coffee Bar are located on the ground floor within the Indoor Playbarn and have step free level access.
- Tables within the Indoor Playbarn, Marmalades Tea Rooms and Coffee Bar are well spaced apart with a clear height from the floor of either 740mm or 700mm with a mixture of upright chairs all without arms. There are some tables in the mezzanine which requires access by steps.
- Lighting in all areas is a mix of natural daylight and overhead lighting.
- Outside, the Dipple Kiosk serves a variety of snacks and drinks and is reached via tarmac paths.
- Our food is UK sourced and locally where possible. We do our best to cater for any dietary requirements; please contact us in advance of your visit to check any specific requests you may have.
- All food and drink are available by self-service, however, staff can assist on request.
- Large print menus are available.
- The nearest toilets to Marmalades Tea Rooms and the Coffee Bar are located within the Indoor Playbarn and the Dipple Kiosk has a toilet also.
- There is a Gift Shop with a range of souvenirs, gifts, books etc which is accessed via an Entrance which is 1500mm in width.
- The shop is level throughout.
- There is ample room within the Gift Shop for a wheelchair to manoeuvre and turn.
- Many items are at low level and accessible from a seated position.
- Staff can offer assistance if required.
Grounds and Gardens
- All outdoor areas at Odds Farm Park are accessed by tarmac paths with a minimum width of 1300mm or by reasonably level mown grass.
- On either side of the tarmac paths there are grass areas which may be uneven underfoot.
- There are wooden benches and picnic tables at various points around the farm.
- There is no smoking within any of the buildings at Odds Farm Park. A designated smoking area is available.
- Assistance dogs are welcome at Odds Farm Park.
- There is a First Aid Room within the Indoor Playbarn and trained general First Aiders are always onsite.
- All staff are trained and on hand to help should assistance be required.
||Wooburn Common Lane, Wooburn Common, Near High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP10 0LX
|Hours Of Operation:
||10.00am to 5.30pm
|Local Accessible Taxis:
||Abba Cars – High Wycombe: 01494 550000 Royal Cars – High Wycombe: 01494 513513 Tiger Taxis – High Wycombe: 01494 461111